Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
The lion cub my mom helped to raise ...All the stray & feral kitties we've raised ... this one is Bad Boy, and he lived for many, many years with our good friend Terry ... Our sweet ferret, Macaroni ... Our precious sugar glider, Noni ... There's lots more ... Molly McDuck, Dustbunny, etc. etc. etc., but our blog just isn't big enough. But it's only proper that we have everything ... after all, as our mom (the keeper) says at least once a day,
"It's a zoo in here!!"
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Next comes the all-important Tabbyposa Touchanosa, a miraculous pose for preventing that telltale double chin ...
Then I move gently into the Kittapraisa Lickatailsa, ever mindful of keeping the toes pointed to the heavens ...Last, I fall easily into the final resting pose, the Fullcollapsayama Catanapsarama ...
Thursday, April 24, 2008
1. Make flower arrangements: Put kitty litter in vases to anchor dried or artificial flowers.
2. Deodorize trash cans: Put kitty litter in the bottom of the trash bag in your wastebasket to prevent odors.
3. Create perfect dried flowers: Put a layer of kitty litter in an airtight plastic container, lay flowers over it, seal the container and set it aside for a week.
4. Deodorize shoes: Put some kitty litter in socks and put the socks in your shoes.
5. Have a facial: Smash 3 tablespoons of 100% clay litter with 3 tablespoons of water and apply to the face until dry for a clay mask like spas use to remove toxins from facial skin.
6. Prevent fires: Pour a layer of kitty litter in the bottom of your barbecue grill; this also creates a better draft for proper cooking.
7. Deodorize your refrigerator: Kitty litter works just as well as baking soda.
8. Deodorize ashtrays: Just put some kitty litter in the bottom.
9. Grow healthy plants: Use equal parts kitty litter and soil to plant flowers, vegetables and shrubs. It keeps the soil evenly moist and improves root development, and is safe for any kind of plant.
10. Clean up oil or paint spills: A 10-pound sack of kitty litter absorbs more than a gallon of liquid.
11. Prevent falls: Use kitty litter instead of salt on icy sidewalks, steps and driveways.
12. Keep storage sweet: Store clothing, linens, books, papers, camping equipment etc. with 1/2 - 1 cup of kitty litter tied up in a sock to prevent mustiness and mold.
13. Evict moles: Moles hate the smell of used kitty litter. Pour some into the entrance of one of their tunnels and watch the exodus!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I didn't get too mad because they went to my Grandpa Bob and Grandma Vivian's 23rd Wedding Anniversary Surprise Party! Yes, tomorrow my two human artists' dad and stepmom will have been married more than half a century!
More than 150 family members gathered in the ballroom waiting to shout "Surprise! Happy Anniversary!!" when Grandma & Grandpa came in ....They were definitely suprised! Here they are with my humans' half-sister Vickie ... which I don't understand because she's always looked like a whole sister to me ....
Here are my human artists Sharolyn & Suzanne with their dad, my Grandpa Bob. They're the oldest of his nine children! He was an only child, and says he vowed to make sure none of his children would ever be lonely. I'd say he was pretty successful ... even more so because he raised a family of cat lovers - everybody wore cat furs to the surprise party! And I'd say this is an appropriate Earth Day post, since Grandpa Bob did his part to populate the Earth with cat lovers! ...
There was cake and food and a beautiful photo collage and a scrapbook of their lives together ....
And dancing ... here's Grandma & Grandpa kicking it off with an honorary first dance to the song "Stand By Me". Hey, my Grandpa still knows how to 'cut a rug'! ....
I wish I'd been there - I know a few things to do to rugs, too! Hey, everybody, if you'd like to wish my Grandpa Bob & Grandma Vivian a Happy Anniversary, you can leave a comment and I'll make sure they read them!
Also, I'd like to ask everyone to sign the petition urging the city of Brazil to leave the Rothrock cat rescue alone and let them do their important work. My mom will be attending the city hall meeting Thursday with the Rothrocks.
P.S. We're still having aftershocks - a 4.5 one yesterday morning. I think the Earth is trying to shake some sense into its humans around Earth Day!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
This loving couple is using their own money to do the city's work by taking in and caring for stray animals that would otherwise be out on the streets breeding. And instead of thanking them and supporting them, the city is making Tammy get rid of the cats she loves, destroying the family business and taking away their income ... and ultimately making them give up their family home, because rather than give up their beloved cats and their rescue efforts, the Rothrocks have put their house up for sale!THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS and I ask the entire Cat Blogosphere to join forces to prevent what their city is doing to the Rothrocks. Here's what we can do:
1) First, I ask you to please read the full information and watch the news video:
3) You can also email a Letter to the Editor of the Brazil newspaper.
4) If anyone has any experience with this kind of situation and might have some advice for the Rothrocks, please email me at artsycatsy(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will immediately pass your info on to Tammy.
5) Finally, if you could put a link to this story, or re-post it on your blog or Catster, or anywhere else you can think of, it will help get even more emails to these people.
Thank you SO MUCH for anything you can do! This situation tears at my heart, because I could find myself in the same situation - the number of rescued cats in the Artsy Catsy household exceeds that allowed by my city's ordinances ... as may be the case for many of us in the Cat Blogosphere. As a recent Alley Cat Allies mailing said:
"Across this country, citizens are being punished for caring for stray and feral cats. These caregivers did not create the colonies of cats - they are serving their communities by humanely caring for them. But according to antiquated animal control laws and uninformed community leaders, each of these Good Samaritans deserves to be punished ... WE must change outdated animal control laws, policies and practices. WE must stop caregivers from being punished for doing the right thing."
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
GOOD NEWS UPDATE, 7 pm:
Check the Cat Blogosphere ... Mu Shue, Lilly Lu and Iris are ALIVE!!!
Rocky: We're auctioning this beautiful cat wind chime to help Mama Laura rebuild her life after the fire, and also to help her find Mu Shue, Lilly Lu and Iris, who are still missing. Lilly Lu is recoving from major surgery and needs daily medication, and Mu Shue needs an inhaler twice daily and sub-Q fluids once a week, so they must be found quickly! You can read updates on the search efforts at the Cat Blogosphere.
The 30-inch wind chime is hand made from punched, hammered metals, with glass beads and a "Noah Bell". The tag says: Noah Bells are distinctive from all other bells due to the melodic, echoing tones. Each bell is completely hand made. It is the secret family formula of smelting various metals and the hand hewed clapper and the individual tuning of each bell that creates the unusual resonate sound. Shepherds prize these bells as they enable them to easily hear and find their flocks from many miles away, and they are believed to scare away evil spirits."
We hope the magical Noah Bell on the wind chime will keep Mu Shue, Lilly & Iris safe and help guide their way home!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
The fireman who was in her apartment said everything was charred to dust. And they only rescued humans yesterday, so there's no news yet about Lilly, Mu Shue and Iris ... and Lilly is currently recovering from surgery. There's only a slim chance that the kitties were somehow able to escape through a sliding glass door and climb down patios to safety.
Please, everyone, send your strongest purrs and purrayers for heartbroken Mama Laura that her precious kitties will be found safe and sound today, and watch for updates on the Cat Blogosphere and Lilly's blog.
Also, Cat Friends Helping Friends has posted Laura's Paypal button so people can donate directly into her Paypal account to help her rebuild her life.
Friday, April 11, 2008
As you know, I recently held a summit here with Hillary Clinton ...Last week Chelsea Clinton came to Terre Haute hoping to meet with me, but since I prefer to exercise my powers of purrsuasion only upon those of measurable influence, I was too involved in negotiations with Bill Clinton's and Barack Obama's people to meet with a mere former first daughter.
I'm pleased to announce that both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are in Terre Haute to meet with me today, and I will disclose all details and photos of these important summits with my constituents tomorrow. I must go now; the 42nd President of the United States awaits ... and I really want to ask him about that inhaling thing and offer him some nip.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres says, “While we fight animal cruelty day in and day out, April, and specifically ‘ASPCA Day’ on April 10, is a great time for us to take stock of our progress, and celebrate our bond with animals.” Orange, the ASPCA’s signature color, is often identified with vibrancy and energy. “It is our hope that by identifying the combined efforts of the ASPCA and its partners with this color, the public will begin to identify “orange” with the welfare of animals all across the country,” added Sayres.
To learn more about what you can do to celebrate this special day, and to check out the festivities across the country, go to ASPCA Day!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Moki once you have posted it.
By the way, this meme will show you what a weirdo my human artist is. The title of the book is "The Cosmic Code: Book VI of the Earth Chronicles" and here is the excerpt:
"Therefore, Anu declared, Adapa would be initiated into the secret knowledge of the gods. He showed him the celestial expanse, "from the horizon of heaven to heaven's zenith." He would be allowed to return to Eridu safe and sound, and there would be initiated by the goddess Ninkarrak into the secrets of "the ills that were allotted to Mankind, the diseases that were wrought upon the bodies of mortals," and taught by her how to heal such ailments."
Why she persists in reading such stuff is beyond me, since I'm perfectly capable of revealing the secrets of the cosmos to her, as proven in my post Close Encounters of the Kitty Kind. And I'm sure Jack can provide any knowledge I might not have!
I'm simply too disgruntled to come up with five kitties who haven't already done the Book Meme, and I need to go snoopervise the bookkeeping, so I'm just going to tag my space pal Jack. Humph.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
186,187,188,189,190,191,192,193,194,195,196,197..198...199 . . . . .
It's our ...
Skittles the Huntress!Congratulations, Skittles ... Skittles? ... HEY, SKITTLES, WAKE UP and send me your mailing address so I can mail your prize package to you:
... along with a $10 Artsy Catsy Gift Certificate for your mom!
Read Previous Posts:
- ► 2009 (41)
- Knock Knock FUN-draiser
- Creation of the Cat
- Tabbies, Toesies, Tummies, Torties etc. etc. etc.
- Snoozy Like Sunday Morning
- Finally Friday with Fracas
- 13 Human Uses for Kitty Litter
- Wordless & Whiskers
- Happy Earth Day!
- URGENT HELP STILL NEEDED!
- Toesday Technique
- Don't Mess with the Mancat Monday!
- Auction for Laura, Mu Shue, Lilly Lu & Iris
- EMERGENCY PURRS & PURRAYERS
- Bill Clinton, Barack Obama Summit Meetings
- Go Orange for Animals!
- Wordy Wednesday: Anonymous Benefactor Revealed!
- Mancat & Meme
- I am a Turkish Van, I tell you!
- Rocky: Haha, GOTCHA! I'm just foolin' ... I'm not ...
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2007 (128)