Texas lab finds pain medicine in pet food
Click on this post's title for the full story, but the FDA is investigating a Texas laboratory’s finding of acetaminophen in cat and dog food … the highest level found is eight times what a 10-pound cat could safely consume!
The story says, "The pain medication is the fifth contaminant found in pet foods during the past 2-1/2 months and can be toxic or lethal to pets, especially cats."
FIVE?? We knew about melamine and cyanuric acid, but what are the other three??
At least five dog and cat food samples tested contained acetaminophen, and these five were NOT among the 150+ brands recalled since March.
The highest level of acetaminophen was found in a dog food sample submitted by a manufacturer ... who got the results well over a month ago and was supposed to notify the FDA, but they DIDN’T DO IT!
I say it's time for a massive uprising against the pet food industry!
Read Previous Posts:
- ► 2009 (41)
- ► 2008 (194)
- Artsy Catsy has gone Artsy Coltsy!
- Mancat Monday: Il Gatto Italiano
- Close Encounters of the Kitty Kind
- Artsy Catsy International Catvisory Board
- Photo Hunters: "Hair"
- Join Artsy Catsy's Catvisory Board!
- To Bee or not to Bee
- Dona Nobis Pacem
- UPDATE on new toxin in pet food
- Oh no! More contaminated pet food!
- ROCKY RELEASED FROM PRISON!!!!
- ▼ June (11)