Humph. On Friday, my human artist left us and went out of town supposedly for a day - but she just got back this morning. I swear, you can't believe anything humans tell you! Here I am begging her not to leave; obviously that didn't work ...While she was gone, Moki tagged us for the Book Meme. Since my human artist is busy trying to catch up on everything that didn't get done while she was gone -- including tallying up our March fundraisers for Moki, Lilly Lu and Project H.A.M. so we can send their checks to them -- I'm left to handle the meme myself. Well, at least I know it'll get done right!
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Moki once you have posted it.
By the way, this meme will show you what a weirdo my human artist is. The title of the book is "The Cosmic Code: Book VI of the Earth Chronicles" and here is the excerpt:
"Therefore, Anu declared, Adapa would be initiated into the secret knowledge of the gods. He showed him the celestial expanse, "from the horizon of heaven to heaven's zenith." He would be allowed to return to Eridu safe and sound, and there would be initiated by the goddess Ninkarrak into the secrets of "the ills that were allotted to Mankind, the diseases that were wrought upon the bodies of mortals," and taught by her how to heal such ailments."
Why she persists in reading such stuff is beyond me, since I'm perfectly capable of revealing the secrets of the cosmos to her, as proven in my post Close Encounters of the Kitty Kind. And I'm sure Jack can provide any knowledge I might not have!
I'm simply too disgruntled to come up with five kitties who haven't already done the Book Meme, and I need to go snoopervise the bookkeeping, so I'm just going to tag my space pal Jack. Humph.
Read Previous Posts:
- ► 2009 (41)
- Knock Knock FUN-draiser
- Creation of the Cat
- Tabbies, Toesies, Tummies, Torties etc. etc. etc.
- Snoozy Like Sunday Morning
- Finally Friday with Fracas
- 13 Human Uses for Kitty Litter
- Wordless & Whiskers
- Happy Earth Day!
- URGENT HELP STILL NEEDED!
- Toesday Technique
- Don't Mess with the Mancat Monday!
- Auction for Laura, Mu Shue, Lilly Lu & Iris
- EMERGENCY PURRS & PURRAYERS
- Bill Clinton, Barack Obama Summit Meetings
- Go Orange for Animals!
- Wordy Wednesday: Anonymous Benefactor Revealed!
- Mancat & Meme
- I am a Turkish Van, I tell you!
- Rocky: Haha, GOTCHA! I'm just foolin' ... I'm not ...
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2007 (128)