And here I am today, fully formerly feral ... well, except when temptation is just too great, like when Rocky looks at me ...
THE TWELVE STEP PROGRAM FOR FERALS:
1) I admitted I was powerless over being feral — that my screeching, scratching life was unmanageable (so I could get out of that cage).
2) I believed that a Power greater than myself (and a steady stream of treats) could transform me to formerly feralhood.
3) I decided to turn my ferocious feralness over to a Higher Power.
4) I did a searching and fearless moral inventory of my feral self (over a pile of treats).
5) I admitted to a Higher Power, to myself, and to my beans, the nature of my feral misdeeds (so I could get more treats).
6) I allowed a Higher Power remove all my feral defects of catcharacter (anything for treats).
7) I humbly asked a Higher Power to remove my feral shortcomings (i.e. shredding skin).
8) I made a list of all beans, cats and other species I had put the bitey on, and became willing to purr on their wounds (because scritches from bloody hands are SO messy).
9) I made amends to such beans & critters (except when to do so made it too tempting for me to scratch their eyes out).
10) I continued to take personal inventory and whenever I fall off the whapping wagon I promptly admit it (so I can get some treats).
11) I sought to improve my contact with a Higher Power, purraying only for knowledge of how to stop biting & growling & scratching & screeching (and a few purrayers for more treats).
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I try to carry this message to fellow ferals, and to practice these principles in all my cataffairs (as long as the treats keep coming and Rocky doesn't look at me).