Thursday, November 8, 2007


We celebrated my human artist's 60th birthday this week and I, Rocky, turned 72 (in human years) last week. My human's childhood friend sent us this email, and we'd like to share it with all our cat & human friends who worry about growing older .....


13 Reasons Why Aging is a Gift
1) I am now, maybe for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometimes despair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. I am often taken aback by that old person who lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don't agonize over those things for long.
2) I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon, before they experienced the great freedom that comes with aging.
3) I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.
4) As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own best friend.
5) I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avant garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.
6) Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?
7) I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 & 70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.
8) I will walk the beach in a swimsuit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will grow older.
9) I know I am sometimes forgetful. But some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.
10) Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or when a beloved pet goes over the Rainbow Bridge? But broken hearts are what give us strength, understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.
11) As I get older, it is easier to be positive. I care less about what other people think of me. I don't question myself anymore. I've earned the right to be wrong.
12) Being older has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.
13) And I shall eat dessert (and Temptations!) every single day!

26 comments:

Cheysuli said...

Very nice TT you guys!

Captain Jack and Dante said...

This is a lovely TT - and Happy Birthday to your human too!

Tybalt said...

I think number 10 and number 12 are the best ones. Purrrrs.

Dragonheart said...

That is a wonderful list! I hope your human artist had a happy birthday. She certainly looks much younger than 60!

Artsy Catsy said...

My human artist thanks you and thanks you, Dragonheart! You made her day!!

Rocky

Christine and FAZ said...

Wow I missed all the birthday excitement by the look of things. Welcome back to blogging guys - we missed you. FAZ

Chairman Mao said...

Wowie, what a wunnerful postie. So wise and inspirashunal. My Momma thanks yur human artist for a post she's gonna bookmark and read often. I hope yur human artist had a wunnerful burfday, and we Ballicai had a superduper time at the party -- thankies fur bein such wunnerful hosts!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Marilyn MonREOW said...

What a wonderful, warm, wise, and delightful host. My mom and I thank your human artist -- what a wonderful woman she is!

And thank you for such a great party! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the tuna puffs.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Beau Beau & Angie said...

Dat's good. Life is here to make what we can of it and it's supposed to be GOOD! Yayyyy!

Tara said...

Bravo! Mom loved it..
Tara

Irishcoda said...

What a beautiful TT! And a very happy belated birthday to you both from all us peace lovers here. And we love your cat quote f the day! :)

Samantha & Tigger said...

My Mom says thanks for sharing that! That was cool!
Your FL furiends,

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Yoor bean duzzent look 60! When dad sez i's hell getting old mom tells him "yeah, but consider the alternative"...

caricature said...

Great Thursday Thirteen ~ wonderful points all of them ~ I'll remember them as I grow older. Purrs and love to Rocky and co. from Snow and Forest :)

China Cat said...

My Lap Lady really likes your list today - I am going to print it for her! I, of course, like #13 as I wish to eat Temptations every singe day!

Purrrrrs, China Cat

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Wonderful list. Those are words to live by. I don't worry about ageing, I'll just nap more and I love naps.

I hope your mommy (and your house) has recovered from having so many kitties over!

Jimmy Joe said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Rocky! That is a good list. Momma says she might get older but she's always immature.
Your new buddy, Jimmy Joe

Lux said...

Beautiful way to view aging (Mom says, since she's getting there) ...

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom!!!

Parker said...

That was a great post - Mommy needs to hang it on the fridge!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Gurreat T13! We can't believe your human artist is 60 years old!!! We hope she had a gurreat bday!

~Donny, Casey, Marie

Karen Jo said...

Thats a great TT. I really like all of them.

Boy said...

Wonderful wist! Happy Purrthday to your human artist! Sowwy I missed the party and it was all mine Mummy's fault for wefusing to switch on the compoooter for me just because she's busy! What excuse is that? Sigh...

MoMo said...

Well said! I love the last one best!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花

Anonymous said...

85cc免費影城哈啦557557哈啦557557日本美女寫真集百分百貼成人圖片免費視訊173liveshowbobo線上遊戲Plus28論壇080中部人聊天室ut免費視訊ggo080苗栗人聊天室線上a片a片0204視訊交友ut聊天室906910204成人片卡通aa片子免費視訊聊天天下第一色站免費ava片線上看18成人avooo視訊交友90739免費a片aaaa片免費看貼圖片區52784u成人免費視訊美女台灣kiss免費視訊交友sogou搜狗音樂嘟嘟情人色網38ga成人49飆樂網免費視訊聊天室0509電話視訊聊天0401視訊美女免費影片直播網sex888免費電影0401影音視訊辣美眉173show影片免費視訊聊天區18成人avooo台灣kisskiss文學區免費a片080中部人聊天室85cc免費影片85cc免費影片

酒店上班請找艾葳 said...

艾葳酒店經紀公司提供專業的酒店經紀, 酒店上班小姐,八大行業,酒店兼職,傳播妹,或者想要到打工兼差打工,兼差,或者八大行業,酒店兼職,想去酒店上班, 日式酒店,制服酒店,ktv酒店,禮服店,整天穿得水水漂漂的,還是想去制服店上班小姐,水水們如果想要擁有打工工作、晚上兼差工作兼差打工假日兼職兼職工作酒店兼差兼差打工兼差日領工作晚上兼差工作酒店工作酒店上班酒店打工兼職兼差兼差工作酒店上班等,想了解酒店相關工作特種行業內容,想兼職工作日領假日兼職兼差打工、或晚班兼職想擁有快速賺錢又有保障的工作嗎???又可以現領請找專業又有保障的艾葳酒店經紀公司!

艾葳酒店經紀是合法的公司工作環境高雅時尚,無業績壓力,無脫秀無喝酒壓力,高層次會員制客源,工作輕鬆,可日領現領
一般的酒店經紀只會在水水們第一次上班和領薪水時出現而已,對水水們的上班安全一點保障都沒有!艾葳酒店經紀公司的水水們上班時全程媽咪作陪,不需擔心!只提供最優質的酒店上班,酒店上班,酒店打工環境、上班條件給水水們。心動嗎!? 趕快來填寫你的酒店上班履歷表

水水們妳有缺現領、有兼職缺錢卡奴的煩腦嗎?想到日本留學缺錢嗎?妳是傳播妹??想要擁有高時薪又輕鬆的夜間兼職工作,打工機會和,假日打工,假日兼職賺錢的機會嗎??想實現夢想卻又缺錢沒錢嗎!??
艾葳酒店台北酒店經紀招兵買馬!!徵專業的酒店打工,想要去酒店的水水,想要短期日領,酒店日領,禮服酒店,制服店,酒店經紀,ktv酒店,便服店,酒店工作,禮服店,酒店小姐,酒店經紀人,
等相關服務 幫您快速的實現您的夢想~!!