Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rocky's Yard Sale

Humans! I swear!! What is it with them and their mindless consumerism, anyway? I mean, I'm ready to get back to work building my Artsy Catsy business, but these two human artists have accumulated so much STUFF in my corporate office that I was forced to have a yard sale this weekend so I could have room to work. A CEO must have his space, after all!

First I had to make zillions of signs and then prowl all over town to put them up. (I used orange paint so if I splashed myself it would look like just another of my handsome, if I do say so myself, ginger spots.)

Then I had to go through their jam-packed closets and drag out all the clothes they never wear, then haul them out to the yard. Every cent they spend on clothes is a cent they don't spend on Temptations, so out with the clothes!

Just look at this stuff they'd piled up! A kiddie pool? We don't even have a kid!

And what the heck is THIS, I ask you:

What, we don't have enough cats around here? Let me tell you, I stuck a bargain basement cheapo price on this worthless overstuffed fake feline!

I had to drag myself out of my human artist's warm bed at 6 a.m. and start hauling stuff outside, where there was frost on the ground and the temperature was 32 degrees! Then I worked my fuzzy butt off all day long for two whole days ...
adding up sales ...
And making change for an endless parade of shoppers ... And dodging boxes thrown around in the shoppers' frenzy of mindless consumerism ... The only enjoyable part of the day was meeting lots of new people and old friends ... like our good woofie friend, Sassy, and her mom Lois:
Well, that and taking a break or two when the sun finally came out and warmed things up: Then I had to spend my entire Sunday cleaning up the mess and prowling around all over town again to take down all my signs!

Now that this blasted yard sale is over, I've issued a corporate edict that all personnel are to get back to Artsy Catsy business immediately. I expect some productivity, you people and pussies! And no more hoarding useless crap and piling STUFF up in my offices! So get into your cubicles and start cranking out all the new products we've been discussing -- cat Christmas tree ornaments; Santa Cat gourd wreaths; cat-themed placemats and matching napkin rings; kitty grocery bag dispensers; cat charm sunglasses holders for human cars ...

Okay, time for me to go gnaw on our webmaster so maybe I can finally get our ArtsyCatsy.com website up and running ...

13 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

*sigh* A kitties work is never done...

Anonymous said...

It's bad enough they made you snoopervise, much less actually lift a paw!

Tara said...

That looked like a lot of work! I bet you are very tired.

Tara

Just Ducky said...

I hope they didn't sell your cat toys!

Monica said...

I'm sorry that you had to do so much work this weekend. It's a good thing that you got that office cleaned out so that everyone can get back to work. I'm looking forward to seeing the new products.

Ivan from WMD said...

See? This is exactly what I'm afraid of if my mom has a yard sale. After all, what do I care if there's four trillion things clogging up the garage? I'd rather nap!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

you are surely inspiring Rocky. and you werk really hard too, wow we was exhausted just readin' yer post ~The FLuffy Tribe

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Wow! You were awfully busy! It's a wonder you were able to make it to the party! You must have been exhausted!

We just had a cleanout of my looking-out-the-window perch and bookcase-scratching post room, that my OTW calls HER 'studio'. But they didn't try selling it all. She found out if she actually put things WHERE THEY BELONG she had LOTS of room in there! I've been without one of my rooms for months! Peoples!!

You asked us to update you on what's been going on, well not much here except that Whisper (aka Grumpybutt) had to go to the Bridge at the beginning of September. He got very sick very fast with cancer under his tongue.

And Persephone is now 10 lbs!!! She weighs almost as much as me, and I'm WAY bigger! She was just a few pounds and tiny when she came to live here last year before Christmas, and she was already 10 months old then!!

We're sending purrs to you and your peoples, and we hope they get better soon!

~Jack

Carolina Cats said...

Holy cow, Rocky! Wy din't you dellygate some of that werk? You shoodn't have had to do all that yoreself. We sure are glad to see you bak. We kept checking in and we was furry werried abowt you all.

Good news for us! We are getting a new howse ware we will all be togevver agane!! Mom is furry eksited cos she has missed Finny lots but I am a little werried. Wat if we don't member each other? Wat if he smells funny? We'll find owt soon.

Good to have you bak, we hope you don't go away agane!

Purrs,
Buddy

Pia K said...

Oh, what a hard day's work that must have been! I'm in awe! I hope you got some extra treats for all that work?

Btw, it looks like adorable woofie Sassy is a Norfolk terrier? What a coincidence, we're living with one here too. He is a bit to energetic for some of us, while others adore him.

Anonymous said...

What fun!

At least I assume the people enjoyed themselves pawing thru yer stuff! ;-D

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花

Anonymous said...

85cc免費影城哈啦557557哈啦557557日本美女寫真集百分百貼成人圖片免費視訊173liveshowbobo線上遊戲Plus28論壇080中部人聊天室ut免費視訊ggo080苗栗人聊天室線上a片a片0204視訊交友ut聊天室906910204成人片卡通aa片子免費視訊聊天天下第一色站免費ava片線上看18成人avooo視訊交友90739免費a片aaaa片免費看貼圖片區52784u成人免費視訊美女台灣kiss免費視訊交友sogou搜狗音樂嘟嘟情人色網38ga成人49飆樂網免費視訊聊天室0509電話視訊聊天0401視訊美女免費影片直播網sex888免費電影0401影音視訊辣美眉173show影片免費視訊聊天區18成人avooo台灣kisskiss文學區免費a片080中部人聊天室85cc免費影片85cc免費影片